Saturday, May 31, 2014

Green Home Design Q&A: What steps do I take before building an Eco home?

Question by Willow: What steps do I take before building an Eco home?
Hi guys,
hear recently, I’ve really been thinking about building my own eco-home. I’ve been working on designs, and what I would like to have in my house. As for the walls, I was thinking about maybe using compacted limestone or mud, I’m not sure yet.
There are few questions I do have because there’s a lot of information out there and I’m not entirely sure where to start.
So I guess I’ll start by saying, that I’m currently unemployed. I want to find work, preferably at home, because that minimizes the need to travel. Also, I’m not sure how much it would cost for land in the state of Georgia. On top of that, I would like to build my own home, so I have to calculate the expenses of the materials I need. I would like to have a 5,000 to 7,000 budget. Is this possible?

Highlights:
How much are acres in Georgia?
What’s the best material to use?
Is a 5,000-7,000 budget possible?
Is is possible to do all of this with little money?
What’s the best material to use?
* I prefer land that has a bit of trees, maybe a creek or stream*

Thank you guys. I have been researching some of these things myself, but I would like other’s opinions. It’s hard, my significant other works, and I have school full time as well as trying to find work.
Thanks! =)

Best answer:

Answer by Adam
Some information on green homes and adobe house design you may find useful

http://www.plan-and-build-a-house.com/green-house-plans.html

Hope this helps

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:before, Building, Design, Green, home, steps, take

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search