Thursday, March 27, 2014

Green Energy Live Researching green/eco-friendly co-ops or student houses?

Question by Emily D: Researching green/eco-friendly co-ops or student houses?
Im considering building a house for university students that is green and centered on green living. I would like to find other examples to learn from. The house would be big, dorm-like (except with a kitchen, living room, etc.), rooming 10-12 students, and would necessitate everyone participating in green practices (composting, maintaining a garden, green cleaning, water conservation, energy conservation, waste reduction, etc.). I am hoping to also use this as a means of educating the community on green living.
SO any names, links to places like this would be very helpful! Thank you.

Best answer:

Answer by Paranormal Kitty
Well, I can’t think of any green ideas off hand, but I do have one suggestion. Pets should be allowed in the housing, and the design should take pets into consideration. This would encourage more students to live on campus. I’m a grad student and I would live on campus if I could take my cat with me, but it’s really hard to find pet-friendly on campus housing.

Give your answer to this question below!



Tags:coops, energy, Green, green/ecofriendly, houses, Live, Researching, student

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search