Friday, February 28, 2014

Energy Efficient Homes Is it more energy efficient to keep my AC at a constant temp or to raise/lower it when not at home?

Question by midntesun01: Is it more energy efficient to keep my AC at a constant temp or to raise/lower it when not at home?
I had my AC set to around 78 but my bill for a 700 SF apartment was over $ 100. Is it more cost efficient for me to raise it up to say 85 during the day when I am not at home and then lower it to 75 for when I am home or to just leave it at a temperature somewhere in the middle?

Best answer:

Answer by Ed
Our power company, PG&E used to tell us it was better to keep heating or cooling at constant temperatures for maximum economy. Now they tell us it is better to turn them off, or at a more conservative temperature during times we don’t need them. Go Figger. I think that with all the pressure to reduce power and fuel usage, the latter is correct.

Give your answer to this question below!



Tags:Constant, Efficient, energy, home, Homes, keep, more, raise/lower, temp.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search