Friday, November 22, 2013

Green Living Blog Moving to NYC. Tips & advice on finding an apartment, job and living in the city.?

Question by LG->sometimes: Moving to NYC. Tips & advice on finding an apartment, job and living in the city.?
I am planning to move to NYC in August 2013. I am moving with the goal to start my MBA in January and take the 6 months to adjust to the city as well as finding a job. I am not really familiar with NYC so I have been doing research and reading blogs and such. I am looking to find an apartment in Queens as it seems to be more affordable than Brooklyn. I would love to find something in Manhattan but it looks nearly impossible. Yorkville seems like a nice area to live in. My rent budget is no more than $ 1500/month.I will be sending my resume to a temp agency so i can hopefully find a job very soon after moving there.

What are your tips and advice about moving to NYC? Any good websites to look for apartments. Is it worth it to get a broker?

Any advice or any tips from personal experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best answer:

Answer by Go with the flow
A college will often have a newspaper in which landlords may advertise.
Make sure you dig for that.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:Advice, Apartment, Blog, city, finding, Green, Living, Moving, NYC., Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search