Saturday, September 28, 2013

Green Living Websites Q&A: What is the official .gov website where I can find info about getting citizenship status from marriage?

Question by aia4spoc: What is the official .gov website where I can find info about getting citizenship status from marriage?
I have lived in the States for the last 15 years and was planning on applying for US citizenship this spring. However, I am also planning on marrying a US citizen next fall, so I was wondering if it would be less of a hassle and take less time if I just waited for that. I know USCIS.gov has all the citizenship info, but I can’t find the part about marriages on there.

Best answer:

Answer by shippo
Are you a green card holder? if so you can apply for citizenship,all you have to do is go to USCIS homepage and get all info you need.
Marrying a US a citizen will take you 3 or 5 years before you can apply for a citizenship ,and you need all the proof that you stayed married for all those 3 years.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:.gov, about, citizenship, find, from, getting, Green, info, Living, Marriage, Official, Status, website, Websites

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search