Thursday, August 29, 2013

Living Green People think I'm weird for trying to live a Green lifestyle?

Question by Lovely Rita Meter Maid: People think I’m weird for trying to live a Green lifestyle?
I’m 20 and I have always loved animals and our beautiful planet.
Now that I’m older I have chosen to make my own decisions and that includes living a green lifestyle.
I hang my clothes out to dry, I use reusable bags, I ride my bike around the city, etc.
The thing is, my friends and family think I’m weird and stupid for doing that.
They tell me, “Oh you’re just one person. One person isn’t going to save the world.”
When I go to the stores and hand cashiers my reusable bags they always give me an evil look and always make weird noises when I hand them my bags!
I mean, what should I do to make myself not feel as uncomfortable around them.
My cousins and parents mock me and I hate it.
I’ll just go with what Dr. Seuss said, “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it’s not.”
Aw, thank you all. <3

Best answer:

Answer by PDY
What backward place do you live in? I live in a small town in Connecticut and living green is very important here. Cashiers ask if you have your own bags and you receive 5 cents off your grocery bill for each bag you have. My town has a recycling transfer station, not a dump and our town is sponsoring a go solar program for homeowners. All of our schools run at least partially on solar energy and several restaurants are very seriously into recycling. Instead of feeling stupid, you should feel superior to the idiots that surround you. One person makes a difference, especially when they show others how to make a difference. Keep it up. Don’t let these idiots get you down.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:Green, lifestyle., Live, Living, people, think, trying, Weird

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search