Thursday, August 29, 2013

Green Modular Homes Q&A: My AC constantly runs. Why?

Question by Jori Marie: My AC constantly runs. Why?
So I live in a modular home and my AC and Furnace are together. When I was the AC on I have to flip a switch and when I want heat on I have to switch it back. So I turn my AC on and set my thermostat to a set temperature and go to sleep then I wake up in the middle of the night I am freezing and it shows that I still have it set at at that set temperature but it is still pumping cold air. Like last-night I woke up I had it set at 75 and it was 70 in the house and still pumping cold air. It never shuts off when I have it on. Well I have tried a few different thermostats lately and it still does not help. So now I don’t keep my AC on while I am at work because it would just constantly keep running and by the time I get home it is SO hot in my house it sucks. I am getting puppies in a few weeks and I need to get it fixed so they are not freezing when I am at work or SUPER hot. Any ideas what I need to do?

I’ve lived there for over a year and have been dealing with it for awhile.

Best answer:

Answer by skibm80
Sounds like the furnace is having a hard time telling what the temperature is. Instead of looking at the thermostat end, try checking where the thermostat connects into the furnace and make sure those connections are secure.

Give your answer to this question below!



Tags:constantly, Green, Homes, Modular, runs

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search