Friday, May 31, 2013

Green Living What are some little/big things companies can do to encourage "green" activities in the workplace?

Question by kathy_is_a_nurse: What are some little/big things companies can do to encourage “green” activities in the workplace?
For example, providing filtered water fountains designed for refilling company-provided water bottles (versus buying disposable commercial water bottles) or renovating a “fleet” of used bicycles for employee use. How about ideas on managing a company-wide recycling program to get more people to participate? How about working with local farmers or even sponsoring an employee garden?

Part of this question includes: How do companies make these initiatives work? Do you know any companies that have a real handle on this subject?

BTW, This is research for a series of articles and I’m trying to come up with practical tips for the reader. I’ve posted similar questions in the “Business” and “Green Living” sections but have only got a few answers. Since “Politics” is one of the most active sections, I’m hoping to get more activity. And yes, I am looking in other areas as well… Just want to cover all my bases.

Don’t let me down and thanks for your help
These days, I’m a freelance writer… Hence the article series. One of my clients requested them. And yes, I know some ideas aren’t new… but I’m looking for the ones that are.

Thanks
Mabe… So HOW does your company encourage the “green” way? Can you give some examples?

Thanks

Best answer:

Answer by Brown9510
Kleenex.

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:Activities, Companies, encourage, Green, little/big, Living, some, things, workplace

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search