Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Alternative Energy Sources What should my major be if I want to help with alternative energy sources?

Question by Daniel Arredondo: What should my major be if I want to help with alternative energy sources?
I want to be involved in alternative fuels/energy sources and help with climate change. I want to work for companies that do major projects in that area, but I’m not sure what major that could be. I’m under the assumption that I’m looking at is a career in Environmental Engineering. Is that my major or is it something else? Also what California schools have good programs in the field I’m looking for?

Best answer:

Answer by Alex
Environmental engineering is something different. It’s more about pollution control and waste management and is a sub-field of civil engineering. If you want to work with alternative fuels, chemical engineering would be a good choice. Materials engineering (solar cells, superconductors), mechanical engineering (wind energy, improving engine efficiency), electrical engineering (smart grid), and nuclear engineering (next-gen fission reactors, fusion) could also be good choices.

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:Alternative, energy, Help, major, should, Sources, want

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search