Sunday, August 19, 2012

Green Materials I'm creating a green roof and want to make sure I have all the materials can you help me out?

Question by Kristin D: I’m creating a green roof and want to make sure I have all the materials can you help me out?
I’m creating a green roof and want to make sure I have all the materials can you help me out? Is it true that all I need are: plants, soil, soil filter fabric, a drain mat, a waterproof membrane, and a sub membrane? If not, then what else do I need? I already know that my roof can sustain it, through winter and so on. All I need to know are the materials I need. I already have my list of plants together. Thanks!

Best answer:

Answer by imadriana
The most important question you have to answer is, “Can this structure support the extra weight?

If so, the article on Wikipedia may help you. There are several books listed on this subject. Also, after reading the article, you may decide not to do it because of various factors.

Here’s the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_roof#Examples_of_green_roofs

If you still want to go ahead with this project, there is a website that has videos and blog of construction, plus a list of books you should have. Here’s the link:

http://www.greengarage.ca/blog/

Good luck!

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:creating, Green, Help, Materials, roof, sure, want

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search