Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Green Living Solutions Raccoons and skunks constantly tear up my garden. Are there any non-chemical solutions that work well?

Question by bogeymaker: Raccoons and skunks constantly tear up my garden. Are there any non-chemical solutions that work well?
My garden consists of nice shrubs and moss in-between large stones. The critters seems to like to dig up the moss in search of grubs. I’ve tried chemicals to kill the grubs, but they dig us up nonetheless. I have a trap and catch them and have animial control relocated them, but we live somewhat close to the mountains outside of Los Angeles and there is a steady stream of racoons, skunks and possum.

Has anyone had good luck with fox urine? I’ve tried it and can’t say that it worked well. We’ve also tried cayenne pepper applications, which work for a few days until the sprkinlers soak the garden and the pepper is washed away. Plus, the pepper turns the green moss red.

Thoughts?

Best answer:

Answer by petcreatures78
I’ve heard mothballs work. In Britian they use tiger dung, but I don’t know where you would get it in the states.

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:constantly, Garden, Green, Living, nonchemical, raccoons, skunks, Solutions, tear, there, well, Work

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search