Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sustainable Design Sustainable design? Is an engineering or architecture degree better?

Question by Theo29283: Sustainable design? Is an engineering or architecture degree better?
I am currently in my first year of engineering and am thinking of majoring in civil engineering. If I want to do to sustainable design of commercial, residential, or industrial buildings (making their construction, energy consumption, and materials environmentally friendly) would it be better for me to complete my civil engineering degree and specialize in sustainable design/architecture? OR would it be better to transfer into architecture and get a degree in that and then a masters in architecture and sustainable design?

Best answer:

Answer by Chas Jones
I was under the impression Sustainable Engineering was a sub branch of Environmental Engineering… which itself is a sub branch of Civil Engineering. Don’t know for sure bro.. I’m going to school for Petroleum Engineering. It seems we are already arch-enemies! *Snickers*

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:Architecture, better, degree, Design, Engineering, Sustainable

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search