Monday, May 28, 2012

Green Living Room I put in Hunter Green Carpet in my living room and bedrooms. What is a good accent color for curtains, etc.?

Question by Katz: I put in Hunter Green Carpet in my living room and bedrooms. What is a good accent color for curtains, etc.?
I have maroon/hunter green drapes now, etc., and I’m sick of the color already. The walls are plain white and hubby doesn’t want anything permanent put up in case we decide to sell. What other colors can I use as far as paint, decor, etc. to down play all the green? My living room suit is a large sectional in a beige/black tweed. Any ideas?

Best answer:

Answer by Hockey Fan
A “Colonial Gold” and the always appropriate Navy Blue.
Maybe get a slipcover so hubby doesn’t have heart failure? Then you can use accent pillows to tie it all together. If they’re true draperies you can use those colors for tie backs or valances.
I have hunter green carpeting, a plaid davenport with green, maroon, navy and gold, dark green plantation shutters, a navy leather chair and a cream cloth arm chair with little medallions on it in, yes, dark green, navy, maroon and gold. My walls are cream and they’re staying that way. The only painting I MIGHT do is repaint the chair rail and the moulding – to match the carpet. Don’t make it TOO busy!
Good luck. The davenport kind of messes you up, hence the slipcover suggestion. You could get some nice, inexpensive pillows in the accent colors.

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:accent, bedrooms., carpet, color, curtains, etc., Good, Green, Hunter, Living, Room

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search