Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Green Living Roof how important are green roofs[living roofs] to you?(please answer)?

Question by fo shizzle mah nizzle: how important are green roofs[living roofs] to you?(please answer)?
A green roof is a roof of a building that is partially or completely covered with vegetation and soil.

benefits of green roofs:

* Grow fruits, vegetables, and flowers
* Reduce heating and cooling loads on a building
* alot of green roofs in an urban area can reduce the city’s average temperatures during the summer
* Increase roof life span
* Reduce stormwater run off
* Filter pollutants and carbon dioxide out of the air
* The soil and plants on green roofs help to insulate a building for sound which decreases stress levels
* Filter pollutants and heavy metals out of rainwater
* Increase wildlife habitat

Best answer:

Answer by George
I don’t have a house. I have lived in my bread truck for 35 years. One of my friend who lived in his bread truck built a frame around the top and filled it with water. The water cooled his truck nicely. It was evaporative cooling and like living under a lake. He lived in New Orleans where it is very hot.

Personally I have a plywood top with an air space above the metal rool. My van make it;s own shade. I can park in the sun so my solar panels work fine.

I bet if you put solar panels on the roof of a house the house would make its own shade too.

Give your answer to this question below!



Tags:answer, Green, important, Living, roof, Roofs, roofs/living, youplease

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search